HQ stations in IARU HF Contest

frenaye at pcnet.com frenaye at pcnet.com
Fri Jul 7 02:41:16 EDT 1995

Don't forget the 10th IARU HF Champtionship this weekend (12Z Saturday until
12Z on Sunday).  Activity is usually quite good, especially in Europe and
the old USSR.  Complete rules are in April QST, page 110.  The exchange is
signal report and ITU Zone.  IARU HQ stations will send their IARU
member-society abbreviation (like ARRL JARL RSGB, etc).

In the USA and Canada your ITU Zone is:

W1-W2-W3-W4-W8-W9	8
W5-W0			7  (except Mississippi is zone 8)
W6-W7			6  (except Montana and Wyoming are zone 7)
KH6		       61
KL7			1  (some is in zone 2)
KP2-KP4		       11
VE1-VE9-VO1-VO2-VY2	9
VE2-VE3			4  (some VE2 is zone 9)
VE4-VE5-VE8		3  (some VE8 is also zone 2, 4, and 75)
VE6-VE7-VY1		2

I hear the DA0HQ crew is out to revenge their narrow defeat to the HG95HQ
team during the last four years.  S50HQ will be active this year also.  (see
notes below on W1AW!)

Here's a list of HQ stations that submitted logs in the IARU HF Championship
during 1994 and 1993.  Remember that the multiplier is ITU Zones plus HQ
stations per band.

HQ stations (25) submitting logs during the last two years (19 in Europe)

4U1ITU
9V1ARU
DA0HQ
EM5HQ
GB4HQ/GB5HQ
IU2A
HG93HQ/HG94HQ
JA3RL/8J3XHQ
LU4AA
LX0RL
LZ7A
OE1XHQ
OH2C
OL1HQ
OM9HQ
OT3H/OT4H
P20A
PI4AA
SK2HQ/SK3HQ
SP3PZK/3Z0HQ
T70A
VE5QST/VA3RAC
W1AW
YP0A
Z30RSM

ARRL will be on using W1AW again this year, hoping to be more competitive
with the other HQ stations than in past years.

(blatent commercial follows)

Work us on both CW and SSB on 160 through 10 meters (12 times...).  We'd be
happy to pass you from band to band, or to the other mode.  If you catch us
on at least five band/modes you'll be on our favorite contester list.  We may
even come up with something special for those making a QSO on more than five
band/modes!

And, W1AW counts as a multiplier for you on each band from 160 to 10.

73 - Tom

E-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444