IC-775DSP Questions answered

WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com
Mon Jul 24 10:20:04 EDT 1995

From: wd5n at msg.ti.com

Subject: IC-775DSP Questions answered

Thanks to K1CC for his answers to my questions, which I now forward to
the group.  I won't waste space repeating the questions as Rich's answers
make it pretty clear what the questions were.  Also, Rich indicates
he has submitted a brief review of the rig to the NCJ so we can look
forward to more info when that comes out.

> 1.  The subreceiver uses the same filters as the main receiver, and is also
> restricted to the same band.
>
> 2.  The main and subreceivers can only be mixed (there's a balance control),
> but no stereo is possible.   Furthermore, both must use the same antenna,
> even though there's a 2-antenna input and front panel switching.
>
> 3.   The internal power supply is 110/220 switchable.
>
> 4.   Beverage input is like most radios -- there's a "radio out" and
> "antenna in" jack in the back which is normally jumpered, you remove the
> jumper and do your own switching externally.

Thanks also to Peter Hutter for his comments.

 73, Dave Harper  WD5Neato  <wd5n at msg.ti.com>