Fwd: QRL ad nausium

N3ADL at aol.com N3ADL at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 16:31:46 EDT 1995

Sent this to the wrong reflecter..Sri

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	N3ADL at aol.com
Sender:	owner-dx at ve7tcp.ampr.org
Reply-to:	N3ADL at aol.com
To:	dx at ve7tcp.ampr.org
Date: 95-07-23 22:17:19 EDT

The flames on the SSTVers and Net slackers were much more fun to read!!! If
the band is chock full of signals you simply find a place where you believe
you can start a run and dive in and after a few minutes you'll discover if
you were correct or not. There is no place for decorum and gentlemanly
conduct in a contest if you want to break into the top ten box. It is all out
WAR! Listen to the big guns as they change bands..They find a freq and MAYBE
give one brief "IS the frequency in use??" and if no response is heard in say
15 nanoseconds the DVK button is pushed in rapid succesion. My 1st CQWW I was
a guest op at a medium size  M/M station and was placed on the 20m band where
signals were 30 over on both sides and was told to work through the QRM. I
didn't believe it but did as I was told and sure enuff after about 10 minutes
europe came through the din and I got the rate up over 150 in short order.
The lesson was contesting is WAR and requires a great deal of hard WORK.
Guys may argue with that "take no prisoner philosophy" but actions speak
louder than words.  Stay off my frquency Fred! hi hi

 Now lets get back to bashing the Net ops and SSTVers...
                                            73 de Doug//N3ADL//FRC
-------
Forwarded via the Internet DX Mailing List.

Submissions: dx at ve7tcp.ampr.org
DX info on the Web: http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/DX/