DXpedition power supply

young at young.enet.dec.com young at young.enet.dec.com
Mon Jun 5 10:48:11 EDT 1995

I also use an Icom PS-35 power supply when traveling.  Mine has been
used from A3, J7, KC6, KH6, P2, S7, V6, and 3D2.  I've never had any
trouble with it.

I modified it so that I could change it from 110 to 220 volts without
soldering and I added a ground wire to the input connection.  Other
than that it is a stock unit.

I also mounted the RF filter in a separate box with some large MOVs.

I've talked to Icom reps at hamfests, trying to convince them that a
version in a proper box with an EIA power connector would be nice, but
they have told me it would make it weigh much much more and is not
technically feasible (in other words, here's some BS, go away, don't
bother me).

The small German import looks nice but as long as the PS-35 continues
to run I'm not in the market for anything else.

				Paul, K1XM