Fw: FD Summary

wosborne at nmsu.edu wosborne at nmsu.edu
Tue Jun 27 13:46:06 EDT 1995

Below is the summary of the FD score for W5GB the New Mexico State University
club.  The entry is 2A and the location was at the top of Sacramento Peak in
southern NM at 9600 feet (cold and hard to get ones breath).

Here's the unofficial estimate scoring of our Field Day results. Scores
are not due in until later in the month, so these will remain unoffical
until that time. (But since computers are so cool and make this whole
process easier with QSO duping, this score should be pretty accurate)

Bonus points:
Packet        100
Satellite     100   (+ 35 QSOs)
FD Message    100
SM Message    100
Solar         100
VHF/UHF       100   (+ 10 QSOs)
Newspaper     100
Visitor Info  100
Public QTH    100
Emergency PWR 200   ( 2 transmitters)
------------  ---
Bonus Total   1100

QSOs:
CW         692 X  2  = 1384
SSB        804 X  1  =  804
Satellite   35 X  1  =   35
VHF/UHF     10 X  1  =   10
Packet       5 X  1  =    5
--------------------  -----
QSO Total              2238

Power Multiplier X2
                                          _____
Total estimated Score - 2238 X 2 + 1100 = |5576|
                                          -----
Last year's official Score was  5328

Damage Report:

1 Battery Charger
3 Batteries
1 7Kw Generator
1 Back door
1 Six Meter antenna

So, like the energizer Field Day bunny, we keep going and going and
going.....

QSO Rate Summary

CW: Best Rate  was 63 QSOs from 9am to 10am Sunday       (20 Meters)
    Worst Rate was  0 QSOs from 7am-8am, 2am-4am Sunday  (Zzzzzzz)
    (this must have been when the CW paddle froze up from the snow!)
SSB Best Rate  was 91 QSOs from 8pm-9pm Saturday         (20 Meters)
    Worst Rate was  9 QSOs from 3am-4am Sunday           (40 Meters)

William Osborne, AA5ZQ
wosborne at nmsu.edu
505-646-3919