CW Abbreviations Question?

Robert Barron barron at rmc.liant.com
Wed Mar 1 11:32:08 EST 1995

> My interpretation is that if the receiving station knows what is meant by
> 5NN GA or ENNATT or "FIVE-NINE-BEE-CEE", then the information has been
> exchanged.  If not, the RX station should ask for a fill.

> 73 de Lee AA4GA

In that case I would like to take this opportunity to propose a
worldwide standard by which >dit< would signify 599 TX.  Now
that everyone knows about this it should be valid in all contests
that use that format of exchange. The fact that I live in Texas
has NOTHING to do with me offering this proposal I assure you!

;-) - Just in case.

73,

Robert Barron, KA5WSS                 barron at rmc.liant.com
Liant Software Corporation            Hook 'Em Horns!