recognizable signals

WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com
Fri Mar 3 12:37:03 EST 1995

from: WD5N at msg.ti.com

subj: re: recognizable signals

On the subject of having "recognizable" operating techniques so others know
who you are before hearing the callsign, my TS-940 has a very slight chirp on
CW.  Seems to make the signal "stand out" slightly in the pileups, too (with-
out bothering others like intentional key-clicks, which irks me).  I didn't do
anything to it, it's just always been that way.  Haven't used it too much
lately, mostly it's been a loaner. So if you hear a slight chirp, it may be
WB5VZL with my '940  :-)

                73,   Dave Harper  WD5Natural   <wd5n at msg.ti.com>