DSP-9+ RTTY Remodulator Fix

Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL
Wed May 24 11:39:14 EDT 1995

I just got off the phone with Al Kaplan of Timewave, Inc.
He informed me that there is a bug in the interigmn firmware
release, Ver. 3.01.  The problem manifests itself as a continuous
carrier when the RTTY remodulator function is engaged and there
is no signal present. The manual says that the DSP should go quiet,
mute itself, in the absence of any discernable signal.

The fix: Simply call Timewave (612-452-5939), tell them of
the problem, and the updated EPROM will be on its way.
Exceptional service from an exceptional company.

73 de Walt Kornienko    <<<  K2WK >>>   Internet:   waltk at pica.army.mil
DX PacketCluster:   K2WK  >  W3MM (FRC) Packet:  K2WK at N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM
Member:  The Frankford Radio Club       #1 Contest Club In The Universe

From: H. L. Serra" <hlserra at teetot.acusd.edu (H. L. Serra)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 08:12:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: WPX CW/Propagation Forecasts

On Wed, 24 May 1995, Randy Thompson wrote:

> How about a propagation forecast?  Where can I tune on the info highway
> to find out which day of the weekend is going to be the "good" one.

Randy-

Why don't we all nicely ask Trey to lighten up and allow propagation
forecasts the week before any major HF contest, and maybe a simple daily
report or icon with solar flux/A/K indexes, right here on the contest
reflector? May I be so bold as to suggest that propagation actually has
something to do with "contesting" strategy?

73, Larry N6AZE