AA5B CW SS '95

AA5BANANA at aol.com AA5BANANA at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 08:37:57 EST 1995

Final: 1580 x 77, about 243k

Main station: FT1000, DTR2000
              KT34XA @ 60 ft, C3 @ 50 ft, CC 40 @ 70 ft

 2nd station: TS850, L4, multi-band dipole @ 35 ft

Don't have the breakdowns here, but there was only 1
10-mtr Q in the log, darn few on 15 (never ran there,
just s&p on second radio), and fewer than 50 on 80 m.

ICE filters on the second radio made a huge difference.

Last mult: VE4! And it was pretty late on Sunday. Was in
the middle of a QSO with 'GV or 'VV early on Saturday,
but it got blown away in the QRM.

On Sunday, it was pretty obvious that something had let
loose in the FT1000 -- the bands were full of intermods.
Had to run all day in "IPO" mode *PLUS* 6 or 12 dB of front-end
attenuation.  Even then, the phantom signals were annoying.

Great contest, as always.

     -Bruce AA5B  (+ Scott, K5TA   and  Ray, K9RS)