[cq-contest 10107] JIDX Score de WC6H

jh4rhf at ppp.bekkoame.or.jp jh4rhf at ppp.bekkoame.or.jp
Thu Nov 16 17:21:46 EST 1995

> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:43:34 +0900
> From: Takao KUMAGAI <je1cka at dumpty.nal.go.jp>
> Subject: Re: [cq-contest 10107] JIDX Score de WC6H
>
> In message "[cq-contest 10107] JIDX Score de WC6H"
>     on 95/11/14, "Tim Coad" writes:
>
> :   Many times JA's would say I was 20 db over on 15,20,&40...but very few
were
> :   calling.
>
> Sorry for the poor activity. We've been trying to solicit
> the activity as possible as we can. 'll continue to spread
> the information.

Not much activity on the other side, either. 94 JA Int'l phone contest result
lists only 12 log submissions from US. 11 of them won the award (only one
missed !), 9 won the plaque. Easy to win !! The US all band winner receives the
round trip ticket to JA ! Why do not you take one more contest in the contest
season ?  Remember JA Int'l contest phone in mid of Novemver.

See you in CW contest ! (LF in Jan and HF in Apr ??? I am not sure :>

73
Jun

Junichi Tanaka Ph.D. JH4RHF
e-mail: jh4rhf at ppp.bekkoame.or.jp
P.O.Box 61 Toyonaka, Osaka 560 JAPAN
ph:  +81-6-846-5927
fax: +81-6-846-0073

From: Marijan Miletic <s56a at ljutcp.hamradio.si> (Marijan Miletic)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 95 10:17:43 0
Subject: RTTY from a big station

Ken, KP4XS wrote about his expierence in RTTY contest from W3LPL and I expected
Tyler, KF3P to expand on that instead of single line comment!  It seems to me
that K1NG M/M win last year still hurts (memories from AB5KD speech in Dayton).
In order to win on RTTY, I go to our club site 1114m asl with monobanders,
FT1000, big QRO and low man-made noise as it is in the midlle of nat. park!
And I never get bored of USA pile-up as they do it right ie. short calls!
If I stay home with IC-735, SB-221, TH6DXX & 402BA, I am still "a big station"
on RTTY as the majority of EU operate barefoot with GP or dipoles!  However,
I hear much more of the city electronic smog, local AFSK QRM etc.
But even with above modest set-up and "olympian" approach to contesting, I
manage to keep second place on S5 rating list thanks to RTTY scores!
73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.

From: KI8W <ki8w at freenet.grfn.org> (KI8W)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 95 12:00:49 -0500
Subject: CQP Final Summary

-- [ From: KI8W * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all:

Does anyone have a final summary of this years California QSO Party?

If so, could you E-Mail me a copy?  Thanks for the help.

73 de Barry / KI8W

ki8w at grfn.org

From: Pete Smith <n4zr at ix.netcom.com> (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 05:40:22 -0800
Subject: TS-930 and 2nd Antenna

In case anyone has been inspired by my question about using a separate
receive antenna with the TS-930s, be forewarned:

The way to connect a receive antenna is via the XVERTR input on the back of
the 930.  However, the 8-pin DIN plug that mates with this jack is
apparently NOT the same as the Radio Shack 8-pin DIN.  The jack on the 930
includes a switch which, when any plug is inserted, disconnects the RX
antenna from the common antenna terminal and makes ready to receive on a
separate antenna.  If you have any plug inserted, your receive antenna
switch needs to choose between the separate antenna or connecting back to
the common antenna through the same jack.

The commonly available 8-pin DIN plug has a keyway that is said to be a
different size than that on the jack on the TS-930, 430 and 440.  It is
reportedly quite easy to break the socket if you try to plug in the generic
plug, and a real bear to replace.

I haven't verified this, but thought it important enough to pass on.
73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr at ix.netcom.com

From: John-Warren at easy.com (John Warren, NT5C) (John Warren, NT5C)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:38:38 -0500
Subject: TS-930/940 and 2nd Antenna

|The way to connect a receive antenna is via the XVERTR input on the back of
|the 930.  However, the 8-pin DIN plug that mates with this jack is
|apparently NOT the same as the Radio Shack 8-pin DIN.

The correct Kenwood plug is part # E07-0851-05, cost $6.47 plus shipping.

                                                John, NT5C.