KJ6HO SS LOW POWER

KJ6HO at aol.com KJ6HO at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 22:34:28 EST 1995

call:KJ6HO
class:SO LP
section:LAX
score:159,544
Q's:1036
mults:77
hrs wkd:24

BAND         QS          ANTENNAS

80              58           rotatable dipole @94ft
40              244         force12 620/340 @89 ft
20              288         "  "
15              445         6 ele at 103ft
10               1            R7 on chimney at 20ft
--------------------------------
TOTAL     1036

soapbox:
this was my 3rd effort at ss fone doing all 24 hrs...beat last years score by
182 qs so i was happy..really missed 10m though.this was my 1st chance to use
my new antennas  and it was quite a learning experience. 15m was great as i
stayed there as long as possible before going to 20m to fight it out with all
the hi power guys..20 sure seemed to have nets everywhere,and they all
reminded me whenever i was "too close"to their frequency.Had some good runs
on 40 ,but didnt have much fun there as the qrm was horrible.80m was sure
poor as no one seemed to hear me but the ragchewers, who used many 4 letter
words to try to get their point accross.why dont they just watch some tv on
contest weekends..maybe they could increase their vocabulary a little
bit..overall i had a good time..i need to spend more time trying to dig out a
frequency to call cq on before going back into S and P mode.thanks to all who
heard me and cu in the next one..73 de larry