AB6LJ SS MULTI SV SECTION

EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM
Wed Nov 22 11:29:41 EST 1995

Operated at Danny's AB6LJ in Elk Grove, Ca.(abt 15 mi S. of Sacramento)

Equipment: FT 1000      87A
           80           4 square
           40           3 el Force 12 - 70'
           20           DX Engr LPA + 4 El Ham Pro
           15           LPA

Operators:AB6LJ, AA6WJ, NV6O

About 1359 X 77.  The summary shows us at 1500+ - I wish!  Instead of
being in the top 10, we will be in the top 11 if there are no other
multi scores submitted that are larger than ours.  We need the
bottomless pit of novices and tech plusses on 10 M to do any good from
N. Cal in phone SS.

Had a funny band distribution of Q's.

        80      250+
        40      200
        20      200
        15      600+

I guess that, even with 2 decent antennas on 20, we chose not to battle
the QRM when 15 was open.  This may have helped us beat the other 4
multis entered from the River City Contesters.

RCC Phone SS Rumors

KV6H (+N6IYS {son - in -law})   1330+ x 77
N6ZS (+N6SNO, KM6AS, AA6WJ)     1320  x 77
K6SG (+K3EST)                   1320  x 77
KF6A (+KJ6TC, AA6WJ)            1310+ x 77

This gives us 10 entries for Local Club at 1.8 Million!!!!

Mr. Cox apparently averaged 125/hr for 1st 3 hours.. I thought I was hot
with a 103 first hour.  Mein Gott!   How humbling.

Enjoyed my time in Elk Grove between Soccer Game and Soccer Team Pizza
Party.  Had Pizza for Sat. night dinner, Sat. snack when I got home, Sun
Lunch at Danny's and at our annual post SS RCC get - together Sun. PM.
That'll do me for a while, I guess.

Thanks to Danny for inviting me to operate.  His 80M ant. is awesome!

Oh yeah, had to take the radio control off of CT 9.1?.  Got Yaesu
timeout messages and slowed up the logging substantially.  I would type
something in the logging field, and wait to see what CT thought I typed.
I've seen discussions on FT-1000 timeout problems on the CT reflector.
but never paid attention to them since I own a 765 (which never has
these kinda problems)

73,

Eric, NV6O
edwoods at pacbell.com