OMNI V AND VI SPECIAL CW FILTERS

K8DO at aol.com K8DO at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 14:09:25 EDT 1995

Hmmmm...Why would a contestor consider a 6 dB shape factor of 2.0 Kc  a
handicap?  :)     ok ok  couldn't resist....

This would be a darn good shape factor for a 1.8 Kc SSB filter...
I would verify the filter number in each filter slot on that radio....
How was the setting on your passband tune determined for this test?
Have you/we tested other VI's?
 Mine is a bit narrow (by ear), but acceptable for general listening IF the
PBT is dead on...Maybe you need to spring for a new 2.7 filter..... (can I
have the old one, pretty, pretty please?)
Other comments, guys?

On the CW filter at 400 cycles.... I don't know... I will have to muck with
the ST and PBT and try it a bit and see if I like that... If I do I would be
interested....Will let you know what I think...

Denny   k8do at aol.com