Results, VHF QSO Party

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Sep 11 00:51:40 EDT 1995

                              ARRL VHF QSO PARTY  1995

      Call: W9SZ                     Country: USA
      State: ILLINOIS                Category: Single Operator QRP
      Grid Square: EN60af            Operating time: 7 hours

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

      144       22       22          14
      432       11       22           8
      1296       1        3           1
     -----------------------------------

     Totals     34       47          23  =   1,081

Equipment Description:

     HTX-100 IF rig
     Homebrew transverters:
        144 MHz 5 watts out (WB4EHS design, HAM RADIO July 1989)
        432 MHz 5 watts out (KA9LNV design)
        1296 MHz 5 watts out (KK7B design + amp)
     Antennas:
        144 MHz 12-el. yagi
        432 MHz 15-el. yagi
        1296 MHz 24-el. loop yagi

Club Affiliation: None

Comments:

   The weather was P-E-R-F-E-C-T ! How could I not enjoy myself,
   being on a hilltop on such a day?
   The band condx were worse than normal. Not many openings, they were
   relatively short.
   I didn't hear a lot of the regulars I work in this contest. Where
   were you guys?

Zack W9SZ