WAE Phone - GB5HQ

/G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/ at mhs-relay.ac.uk /G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/ at mhs-relay.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 10:18:09 EDT 1995

Here is the raw score for GB5HQ in WAE phone, multi-single:

       QSOs     QTCs     Mults
80       45       30        64
40      158      107       105
20      614      443       110
15       37       47        42
10       13       15        12
        ---      ---       ---
        867      642       333        Total=484,182

Yaesu FT1000 + Explorer amp (pair 3-500zg)
TH6 up 90ft
402CD up 70ft
80m delta loop, apex up 85ft
FT1000 + Butternut and Dunestar filters for spotting

Comments

Extremely poor conditions - no Ws on 40 on the first night - made it hard
to compete but we achieved the objective of demonstrating a modern contest
station to convention visitors. The packet link was solid for 48 hours, PC
networking worked a treat as did the rig control. We had a huge VGA monitor
on the third PC and could demonstrate to visitors all the contest logging
features.

Thanks to all who gave us QTCs and especially on Sunday evening when
conditions to the US started to recover. A number of guys said they had
no QTCs right now but would go and get some then come back to our run
frequency when they had ten for us.

We thought it would be indelicate to ask XR0Y for QTCs on 80m.

Thanks are due to SMC Ltd, Linear Amp UK, Yaesu UK, G3OZF, Verulam ARC and
South Notts ARC for the loan of equipment to make the operation possible.
Operators/helpers were  G3OZF G3TXF G3VHB G3ZAY G4BUO G4HTD G4JGV G4JVG
G4TSH GW4VEQ G0MFO(AA6MC) G0OPB G0ORH G0UHK(NZ1W)

QSL via RSGB

73, Dave G4BUO