Uniques & CQWW (Was Skeds)

JPontek at aol.com JPontek at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 10:27:06 EDT 1995

Geez,

>>> say:  OK folks.. This year if you work a unique (however they define it)
>>> then you lose the QSO.  Let the computers do their thing, spit out the
>>
>>I guess the key phrase is "however they define it".  I'd hate to think that
>>when I work a non-contesting friend, and I am his only QSO, that that Q is
>>summarily thrown out.  Give me a break.
>
>No, no, no...  A contesting friend shouldn't JUST WORK YOU!
>
>The guy with the most friends wins.  What a lousy concept.
>
>73

Is what you are saying, "Contesters shouldn't have friends, or they should
rebuke them during a contest."?

I think that concept sucks! And he/she that digs deeper, hears better, sounds
louder should have more uniques.  Log checkers, is this not true?

Uniques are unique, NOT disqualifiers!

As for skeds, there are/were stations that are scheduled to be in a spot at a
specific time during each contest. These are schedules, are they not?
 Remember KV4AA, gang? Always there.

73, I sign mine, K8Joe"Palooka"
jpontek at aol.com