SS Expeditions

WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com WD5N%mimi at magic.itg.ti.com
Fri Sep 22 11:03:53 EDT 1995

From: wd5n at msg.ti.com

Subject: re: SS Expeditions

N6TR sez:

>  Is anyone planning to go to KP2 for SS CW? It just might be
>  that there will be zero clean sweeps this time around?

Hi Tree: I know that KE2VB is still planning on erecting a C4-XL on top
of the hill on St.Croix for Phone SS (and I'll be there the next week
for CQWW-CW).  Apparently St.Croix didn't get nearly the winds that
St.Thomas did. A St.Croix ham eyeballed the QTH on top of the hill with
binoculars and said the villa still has a roof and no broken glass that
he could see.  Read in the paper that some cruise ships are changing
one of their stops from St.Thomas to St.Croix, so that tells me the
island is at least still functional to some extent. Keeping our fingers
crossed.
Dunno about CW contest, but if some hams would like to finance me to
go to St.Croix for SS CW so they can get their clean sweep, I'd be
happy to oblige! (might even make a SKED with them, hee hee).

  73, Dave     WD5Nefarious          <wd5n at msg.ti.com>