Skeds

K8DO at aol.com K8DO at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 15:34:28 EDT 1995

Hi Zack....
What is sportsmanship is dependent upon the context of the contest....In a
sailing race using an engine would be unsportsmanlike... in a hydroplane
race, without using the engine there is no contest....
10 gigs is a similar situation...The main competition there is against the
laws of physics... If I were on 10 gigs I would need a sked to have ANY
chance of even finding you on that huge band...Schedules are necessary to
maintain activity and interest and to keep the 'contest' going...Thus,
schedules for 10 gigs are not unsportsmanlike, given the available technology
at this time...and have no relation to HF contesting...

We (at least I) are talking about HFcontesting, with across the band,  needle
pinning signals, multimillion point scores, and BIG egos...and absolutely no
need for scheduling any contact...
 For these contests, making an agreement to meet at a specific freq and time
is collusion.... It is not available to your competitors and is, per se, an
unfair advantage.... Whether the rules allow it, or not, is immaterial..
Sportsmen don't do it...

Cheers  ...  Denny