contest welfare system

Sean E. Kutzko tigger at prairienet.org
Thu Sep 28 13:54:14 EDT 1995

>> just what we need  a 'feel good' democratic plan to redistribute contest
>> points.  pretty soon we would end up with people sending in logs with no
>> qso's just to get their free certificates while the rest of use are hard
>> at work.
>>
>Yes, but we could *all* have fun again and the egos could take a well
>deserved holiday....

I doubt it...Don't think those folks with the BIG BIG BIG stations would
enjoy themselves at all, with an affirmitave action policy in place. "I'm
sorry, K1xxxx, but you have to QRX until I meet my quota of W9's."

The idea of listing the regions seperately is probably the most
reasonable way of handling the situation. That way, you know who the
competition was in your specific geographic area.

Folks, contesting is NOT fair. There will always be somebody with a bigger
station than you, more talent than you, better propagation than you, blah
blah blah. If you don't like your current situation, move to the East
Coast, or find something else in the hobby that gets you off.

Talk of "entitlement programs" for contests is, however, ridiculous (Keep in
mind, I'm in the heart of the Black Hole, so I would probably benefit from
such fictional alterations). You have a right to EAT; you don't have a
right to win WW from ANYWHERE. Do your best from wherever you are, have
fun, and if you win, consider it gravy.

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                          Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL                                           DXCC:304 worked/300 cfmd

          	     "All Good Things In All Good Time."