Another Attack on Contesting

Lee Hiers, AA4GA aa4ga at cyberhighway.net
Sun Apr 7 21:03:23 EDT 1996

On  6 Apr 96, RFPWR at aol.com wrote:

> K1MAN proposed clear frequencies be set aside for emergency communication
> during contests. He used the opportunity to attack ARRL for not covering the
> activities of his followers.

I'm sure he would like to see 14275 included in a CFZ.

> Although I appreciated the lengthy one way broadcast to use for my antenna
> measurements, how does he get by with running a broadcast station on 14275?

The same way W1AW does.  More than once in a contest, I have been
merrily CQing away and W1AW comes on right on frequency with code
practice or bulletins or some such...all without inquiring if the
frequency was QRL.

Oh well.

73 de Lee

Lee Hiers, AA4GA