Tetrode QRO

W8JITom at aol.com W8JITom at aol.com
Sun Apr 7 21:26:39 EDT 1996

>Hi Garry, we seem to be tuned at the same wavelength (no input coils
either)!
>I modified my SB-220 by grounding grids directly as one of the initial
>designers admited it was mistake to introduce RF feedback without the
control
>of the phase relationship over the 80-10m.

That initial mistake was the result of following the data in the Super
Cathode Driven circuit articles.

What you say is true Mario.

Just like you did Mario, if you remove the silver mica caps and chokes and
ground the grids directly in the SB220;  IMD performance, stability, and gain
flatness improves.

73, Tom