SB-220 stabilization

AB5YG at aol.com AB5YG at aol.com
Mon Apr 8 06:03:54 EDT 1996

Th Parasitic Suppressor Kit for the SB-220 put out by Harbach Electronics
(407-723-7145),  replaces the 1mh grid chokes with  27ohm 1/2w carbon film
resistors and adds 820pf ceramic bypass caps (in parallel with original mica
caps)  to each grid terminal. The single capacitor from the RF input to one
side of the filament is removed and replaced by two .01uf ceramic capacitors
and in series with them are 10ohm 2w metal oxide film resistors - the
resistors connect to each side of the #12ga filament wires for a "balanced
feed".  The kit also includes plate parasitic coils/resistors.

Any comments on this approach??

73 - Bill,  AB5YG (ex K2MHJ)