Hired Gun....sorta

BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com BK1ZX70SFL at aol.com
Tue Apr 23 22:36:55 EDT 1996

Thank You Doctor Of Bafoonik, however:

Whilst you hint that those who did better than I in the SS were merely hired
guns I offer that, I too am in a very similar - though very low populated
category.

The owner and builders end of the station are my father, and mother: W1CW &
W1YL. I am the hired gun who comes in and does the tower work and pushes the
F1 key on appropriate weekends. Just like most guest ops, I help out with the
station maintenance, give the station owner ideas on how to enhance its
performance....hint that mebbe a Loos gauge would be a good investment, Dad.
It isn't all that much different than those above me in the standings...I
simply am related to the QTH owner!

Like many guest operators, all my ham gear is over there ......last I heard
WN4KKN leaves his xcvr in HC8! Fortunately for me the "tension" between host
and operator is minimized.

If you would like to hear more, check out the contest forum at Dayton! I will
give you some highlights of the W1CW & W1YL station.....which I am fortunate
to share - not just cuz of the rig!

Jim zx              k1zx at contesting.com