NAQP QSYing

Jastaples at aol.com Jastaples at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 14:58:07 EDT 1996

The approach I try to follow in moving stations during NAQP CW has been:

1. Try to restrict requesting stations to move to another band to those times
when they respond to my CQ.

2. Request a running station to move ONLY if it is obvious that his rate is
so low that a band change is reasonable. This seldom happens for the really
rare mults but every now and then I find I need something "easy" on another
band.

3. When desparate I will ask for a time/freq sked, especially if the needed
band is dying out.

4. As a general practice, a simple QSX (band) ? seems sufficient. And  SRI is
enough of a no answer.

With this said... yes, my multiplte count is usually somewhat lower, but then
NAQP is too much fun to hassle folks.

As Ward, N0AX pointed out. In a few years it won't be such a crucial issue.

Enjoy...

73, Joe, W5ASP,