CONTEST posting !!

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Fri Aug 9 23:41:58 EDT 1996

Hey ... EU is BOOMING in on 40 right now in the WAE contest!

Back to the rig...

Zack W9SZ

From: kl7y at alaska.net (Dan Robbins) (Dan Robbins)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 20:28:42 -0800
Subject: HAARP

>Zack W9SZ writes:
>
>"Is this the American version of the Russian Woodpecker?  What will it do
>to CONTESTS?"

Tom K5TM replies:

>With some luck, create an F layer??

No, it will create an artificial aurora in the E layer.  Alright, more
absorption!  The magazine Aviation Week referred to one of HAARP's uses as
"whole earth tomography", that is using the capability of LF signals to
penetrate deep into the earth in search of tunnels, bunkers, etc.  Kind of
the wrong direction for auroral research, what?  Better get your KL7's on 80
and 160 soon - if HAARP gets funding for full power we might be scarce down
there.

                                Dan KL7Y

>From g3vbl at netcomuk.co.uk (Chris Pedder)  Fri Aug  9 15:04:47 1996
I am interested that VE3BMV is typing once again. Is there any possibility that I (and
I suspect others) might now get the 11 issues of Radiosporting that I paid for and
never received?
Chris Pedder	G3VBL/8P9EM
E-mail		g3vbl at netcomuk.co.uk
AX25-mail	g3vbl at gb7bnm.#45.gbr.eu