Free Near-Field Analysis Software

JimW9WU at aol.com JimW9WU at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 16:15:18 EDT 1996

In a message dated 96-08-09 18:15:09 EDT, Brian, K6STI wrote::

<<
 As a result of the recent FCC ruling that mandates RF-exposure limits for
 amateur stations beginning January 1, 1997, I'm making available at no cost
 a special version of AO Antenna Optimizer software that calculates electric
 and magnetic near fields.  NF.EXE requires a 386 or better, math
 coprocessor, VGA, and DOS 3.0 or later.

 You can download the 245K NF.ZIP file from ftp://n6nd.nosc.mil.  You may
 copy this free software for others as long as no charge is involved and the
 software is used for amateur purposes only.

Brian is to be congratulated for taking the time to help us all.
Unfortunately, I'm
unable to access the ftp://n6nd.nosc.mil site to download the software. I
have
visions of the Navy's west coast underwater submarine detection system being
ground to a halt because of the demand for this software.  Visions of YI/EP
subs sneeking up on California aren't pleasant!!

73, Jim W9WU  (ARRL Volunteer Counsel--and I'm keeping track of all those
defaming us attorney's for when you need our help to keep it up.)