CW & HF Licensing

David Robbins ky1h at berkshire.net
Fri Aug 23 18:32:47 EDT 1996

Brian K. Short wrote:

> >>Dear Asylum Keeper,
>
> <snip>
>
> >>3. All applicants should show technical expertise by soldering a PL-259 as
> >>   part of their examination.
>
> This could put a crimp on someone's style.
>
> <snip>
>
> >>Sincerely,
> >>dr. Bafoofnik

Watch out!  the next safety push will force the fcc to agree
that lead in solder is hazerdous and every ham using it will
have to file an environmental impact statement including
disposal plans for waste and sample procedures to make sure
they aren't contaminating the neighborhood.

ky1h at berkshire.net   or   robbins at berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/ky1h.html