CW & HF Licensing

Jerry Fray jefray at comsys.net
Fri Aug 23 16:03:10 EDT 1996

> Watch out!  the next safety push will force the fcc to agree
> that lead in solder is hazerdous and every ham using it will
> have to file an environmental impact statement including
> disposal plans for waste and sample procedures to make sure
> they aren't contaminating the neighborhood.

Ouch! Forget abt the FCC on this one, just don't let the EPA hear abt
it!

-73-
Jerry KB9NMU

From: cooper at gmpvt.com (Tom Cooper) (Tom Cooper)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 15:02:51 -0400
Subject: New 160 meter contest rules

This may be a "contest", but the inclusion of power and distance points
in the scoring makes it into a different test of skill, I hope, than the
normal type event.  Since it IS a party given in W1BB's honor, how about
sending 000 instead of 599 if you have to send the same boring thing each
time.  That way we can all find out how well we really are getting out,
which is what many hams used to be concerned with before it all got so easy.

Who can work the mostest who are farthest with the leastest on our TOP band?

73,

Tom WA1GUV