40/80 Phased verticals

W8JITom at aol.com W8JITom at aol.com
Fri Aug 23 21:20:35 EDT 1996

>Your 180 degree delay line on 40 becomes about 90 degrees on 80...
>Your 3/4 wave spacing on 40 becomes 3/8 wave spacing on 80...

If you invert the phase of one element via a phase reversing choke a delay
line becomes the correct length for all frequencies below 1/4 wl spacing. The
null will remain in the same direction without a delay line change. The line
should electrically equal (or be slightly shorter if you want to maximize
gain and offset the rear null) than the element spacing.

The only problem that remains is keeping the phasing line flat and the
elements
correctly matched for proper distribution of current. This system increases
BW of any phasing system.

73 Tom