Vanity Calls?

k4sb at avana.net k4sb at avana.net
Sun Aug 25 01:43:11 EDT 1996

A few years back, 6E5EBE almost drove me mad...now you're gonna push me over the
edge.

Best

Ed

-------------------------------------
Name: ed sleight
E-mail: k4sb at avana.net
Date: 8/25/96
Time: 12:43:11 AM

This message was sent by Chameleon
-------------------------------------

From: kleong at ctobbs.com (Kim Leong) (Kim Leong)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 05:45:52 GMT
Subject: Help[

Help

From: jbearss at NIIA.Net (Jim Bearss) (Jim Bearss)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 07:30:46 -0500
Subject: Vanity Calls

I am not up to speed on the rules for Gate 2.  Can some one clear up a =
question I have:

Can a person request a vanity call for any call area, or must he confine =
his choices to the call area in which he lives?

At one time I thought any call was acceptable.  Now the rules seem to =
read that only calls from your own call area can be submitted.  I am =
confused!  I live in 9 land and I really, really, really wanted to =
request N7NN.  I think that is a really cool call, especially on CW.  =
Plus, "November" is rarely misunderstood on SSB.

Actually, the best CW call for contesting is still available.  It is =
N5EE.  Run that three times in a row on an iambic keyer and you feel =
like dancing!  It absolutely swings!  Dah-dit ditty-ditty-dit dit dit.  =
Oh well, if I have to use a boring old 9 call, I may just keep N9DHN.  =
I've had it since 1982.

Jim