KG6SL passed away

jh4rhf at ppp.bekkoame.or.jp jh4rhf at ppp.bekkoame.or.jp
Mon Aug 26 09:31:06 EDT 1996

It was told by Len, KH0AC that Bart Thompson KG6SL passed away
Sunday morning because of heart attack.
More detail will be informed soon.

de
73
Jun

Junichi Tanaka Ph.D. JH4RHF
e-mail: jh4rhf at ppp.bekkoame.or.jp
P.O.Box 61 Toyonaka, Osaka 560 JAPAN
ph:  +81-6-846-5927
fax: +81-6-846-0073

From: w7ni at teleport.com (Stan Griffiths) (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 17:44:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: CW & HF Licensing

>Realize that as soon as the no-coders win, the CW sub-bands are history!
>(That's when I'll look for a new hobby.)
>73, Bob (aa0cy at robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us)

Do you really believe you can't win a frequency contest on CW against a
sidebander?  Believe me, he will have a much harder time copying through
your loud CW than you will through his SSB!  Besides, it does not
necessarily follow that we will lose our CW subbands simply because the CW
requirements for licensing may be relaxed.  We have "gentlemen's agreements"
in effect today regarding subbands and they seem to work pretty well.  I
can't think of a reason why we couldn't have "gentlemen's agreement" CW
subbands in the future whether or not they are dictated by FCC rules.
Personally, I hope the FCC relaxes the CW proficiency rules for those who
want to operate in the full phone segments of the HF bands, but keep them in
place for those who want to operate on the low ends of the various HF bands
on CW, and at the same time, continue to keep the CW subbands in the rules.

Stan  w7ni at teleport.com