contest calls

albraun at socketis.net albraun at socketis.net
Fri Aug 30 13:40:53 EDT 1996

People are forever mixing up the phonetics for my call.  "Sierra" and
"Zero" sound very similar esp. in crowded band conditions.  Half the
time it comes out as N0SB, the rest N7SB or NS7B...rarely do they get
it right unless the guy is in the next county hearing me on ground
wave.  Using alternate phonetics for the "S" only marginally improves
the situation.  Luckily I'm a CW guy & this call has a nice rhythm on
CW...plus a little confusing of the "0" for an "O" makes it one that
few people forget!  Don't think I'm going to change.

73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun at socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B at N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *