Tnx for the QSO, not!

Douglas L. Klein k4lt at fuse.net
Sun Dec 1 19:17:20 EST 1996

Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA wrote:

> Same thing happened to me (sorta).  I found IQ4A calling CQ TEST MULT de
> IQ4A IQ4A.  Well, I had to be a multiplier right?  He worked me with someone
> elses callsign.
>
> I also dont think that this is what is meant by M/S, but unless the CQ guys
> address it specifically, then it's not against the rules.  There is nothing
> in the rules that says the multiplier station can not call CQ.
>
> 73
>
> Bill
>
> Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA
> http://www.contesting.com

Yeah, then we will need a new rule:

"If you are CQing on the Mult Rigs, then the first new mult to be worked
counts towards the 10 minute rule.  Exception:  5 and only 5
transmitters may be used to solicit new multipliers."

Come on, multi-single is ONE transmitter as a run station and ONE
multiplier band transmitter.

That does not mean:  A RUN band TX
                     A RUN band Multiplier TX
                     A Mult TX