A Contest Thought

David Robbins k1ttt at berkshire.net
Tue Dec 24 20:15:19 EST 1996

Larry Lindblom wrote:

> While working the ARRL 10 meter contest, during one of the slow hours, I had
> a slightly crazy idea about a potential new style of contest.  The contest
> would be based on the "triathelon" or Iorn Man contests we see on Saturday
> afternoon TV.
>
> The contest could consist of an RTTY segment, an SSB segment, and a CW
> segment. Within the contest everyone would be on each mode at the same time.
> Possibly 16 hrs RTTY, 16 hrs Phone, and 16 hrs CW in that order.  There
> would be no mandatory off times.

CQWW already has 48hrs rtty, 48hrs cw, and 48hrs ssb.  all you have to
do is
combine the scores into one.  maybe rtty should be added to the overall
club
competition to give it a boost.  this year was the first time we have
done
all 3 modes here and I think i like rtty the best.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt at berkshire.net   or   robbins at berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html