3/96 QST out, CONTEST related articles/ads

HENRYPOL at aol.com HENRYPOL at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 16:17:19 EST 1996

Wow!  Another good day at the PO box.  No bills and the 3/96 issue of QST
arrived.

Some interesting articles for CONTESTers:  Transoceanic Ducting at VHF and
Above; Icom IC-706 review (in case you are wondering if it would make a good
2nd radio, or maybe you were considering mobile contesting); Low-Power
Contesting; Worldwide Propagation Beacon Network; A Very Low-Cost Tower;
Ham-M and Tailtwister Rotor Mods; and ARRL 10GHz Contest results.

CONTESTer related new ads:  Rohn's new RTP series self-supporting towers; and
ARRL Periodicals CD-ROM.

The CD-ROMs look interesting.  First one will include full text and images
(including ads) of QST, NCJ, & QEX issues from 1995.  Just $19.95 (ARRL
members) or 29.95 (non-members) plus $4 shipping/handling (why does it cost
$4 to do this!).  I wonder if they will make past years available later.  Or,
how about ALL past issues of NCJ/QEX on one CD-ROM!

73,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol at aol.com