Contest Stations -- Ver. 2 Available!

stuthill at micron.net stuthill at micron.net
Wed Feb 14 08:06:00 EST 1996

              Contest Station Descriptions 2.0
                      Now Available!

I am pleased to announce the Version 2.0 of my Contest Station
Descriptions files are now available. Since the release of
Version 1 in late December, the data in the files has continued
to improve. I now have references for 358 US/Canada and 92 DX
contest stations. (Thank WB4HFL for contributing his record file
to the effort.) In addition to the band by band description of
antennas, rigs, and amps, I have begun to add e-mail addresses
and contest software used to the records tracked. All in all, the
files are developing into a great reference work for the
inquisitive contester.

I e-mailed out well over 100 copies of Version 1.0 of the files.
In the process I discovered that this is really not an ideal way
to distribute files over the Internet. So, this time I am pleased
to announce that with the help of KM9P the files are also
available for FTP downloading. If you have FTP capabilities I
highly recommend you obtain your copies of the files this way.
The particulars are:

* FTP Server: ftp.akorn.net (Login as anonymous with your e-mail
address as your password.)

* FTP Directory: /pub/HamRadio/Stations

*File names and types:  CONTXL40.XLS   Excel 4.0 Format  142KB
                        CONTXL50.XLS   Excel 5.0 Format  162KB
                        CONTWD20.DOC   Word 2.0A Format  261KB

The Excel format is much more usable than the Word document.
Because of the way the text falls in the tables, the Word
document in now 36 pages long and is not the most convenient way
to review the information. If anyone has any interest in other
formats let me know. Excel lets me save the files in 1-2-3 WK3,
WK1, and WKS format, QuattroPro/DOS WQ1 format, and Dbase DBF2,
DBF3, and DBF4 format. Word also lets me save the file in
WordPerfect/DOS 5.0 and 5.1 format. I cannot vouch for how good
these conversions are, but we can give them a try.

If you do not have FTP access I still can e-mail the file to you.
Just reply to this message and make sure to let me know the
following:

* What file format you want?
  __ Excel 4.0
  __ Excel 5.0
  __ Word 2.0A

* What file encoding do you need?
  __ BinHex
  __ MIME
  __ UUencoded

I hope you enjoy looking through the information in these files.
If you can add anything or just have any suggestions, please send
me a message. Over the next several months I will be
investigating a WWW implementation of this information. So, who
knows, eventually it may be available on-line in a real time,
updateable, format with pictures, graphics, and the like.

Scott Tuthill/AA7TF     Boise, ID        stuthill at micron.net

(Someday I'll make a .sig file with a cute saying like
 everyone else has....)