Pointing a stack different headings

JBaumgarte at aol.com JBaumgarte at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 20:20:58 EST 1996

John,
I very much enjoyed (and appreciated) your comments on this issue.  Let me
add another little hooker!  I have two C3 in a phased stack--both rotatable
individually--at 53 and 110'.  Because of guys, 53 is absolutely as high as
it can be.  Being in northern MN and very interested in domestic contests,
spraying is important, however, I have been finding in checking with DX
stations that there are apparantly some pretty big gaps in my coverage
(angular) when phased in the same direction.  I guess, like most of us, I
would like to keep on improving things!  The potential of putting a fixed 3rd
C3 in the middle aimed at EU is an option.  Now, the question!  What happens
when the rotable antennas are both aimed at JA with top & bottom in phase and
the 3rd antenna is not connected, but of course is a resonant presence in
between?  (fixed 90 degrees off of the phased pair)

Your comments on this and many other antenna issues are mightily appreciated
(both here and at Dayton!)

73  John, K0IJL