mla2500 help!

W8JITom at aol.com W8JITom at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 08:10:57 EST 1996

The primary path for VHF signals is through the resistor. The primary path
for HF signals is through the coil. If you want to supress HF oscillations
nichrome is great. If you want to supress VHF parasitics, work on the path
through the resistor.

Your MLA will be fine with carbon non-inductive resistors, but put a grid
trip circuit in it. Excessive drive and grid current (even for a few seconds)
is what kills the grids in that amp.

73 Tom