CT Version 626 - ARRL.CTY - Current copy

bill.riffle at ccmail.bsis.com bill.riffle at ccmail.bsis.com
Thu Feb 29 13:48:45 EST 1996

I am looking for a current copy of the country list for CT.

The file name is ARRL.CTY.

The ones I have found so far are all dated 1990 and 1991.

Thanks in advance,
Bill.

From: jbmitch at vt.edu (John Mitchell) (John Mitchell)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:59:32 -0500
Subject: ETO Amps/contest Amps

I'd really appreciate hearing from contesters about the ETO/Alpha series;
specifically, how is the new 91b holding up in serious use?  I only know one
ham who is using it, and, aside from an early problem fixed by ETO, is very
happy. Is the 89 worth the extra grand? (Also, any direct experience with
new Ameritron 800H is of interest.  It looks like they've gotten a good
price point on a two 3CX-800 amp, but I have some concerns about how rugged
it is - appears to be stuffed in an AL-80B cabinet!)
A concern is the suitability of the Svetlana tetrodes in the 91b. The NCJ
review mentions "gold migration" in coated cathode tubes; have the Ru tubes
been around long enough to assess their long-term reliability?
BTW, spoke with Ray Heaton of ETO this week, and, in response to my query
about discounted products at Dayton, said that he and Dick E. have decided
NOT to discount the 91b or 89 this year.
So, bottom line, how is the 91b, and is the 89 worth the difference in price
to get all US- made triode amp in the same power class?
Tnx in advance for any replies.
73, John WD4MUR