FT1000MP CW "Birdie"

rlc at soho.ios.com rlc at soho.ios.com
Fri Jan 26 20:04:47 EST 1996

After warmup I can hear an increasingly annoying tone not related to
the CW sidetone freq when using my FT1000MP in cw mode with the EDSP
off.  My setup is 500HZ filter att 8.215 and 250Hz at 455kHz.  The
warbling tone is just above the noise floor but I can hear it even in
the presence of strong signals.  It is easily noticeable with the
antenna disconnected.  It may move out of the audio passband only to
return later.  I only gradually became aware of it.  It is storng
enough to interfere with weak cw signals.  I am curious as to whether
I have drawn an unlucky set or if this is present in other FT1000Mps.
 I woudl appreciate hearing from any of you with information.

Bob AA2UV