Towers: Misery Loves Company

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 19:59:52 EDT 1996

>I can't believe what I think I am reading here.  If the proposed legislation
>goes through, it sounds like it will illegal for a community to prevent the
>installation of an unsafe tower!!  What am I missing?  As the owner of 4
>towers and a Rohn dealer, I could possibly benefit by such legislation but I
>would NEVER favor it.  Nobody should put up an unsafe tower and there should
>be laws against it.

Stan --

     Don't forget that they still have to get a permit with appropriate PE
stamps on it before they can actually BUILD it.  This legislation would be
BEFORE the permit process to allow erection over the CC&Rs and possibly some
zoning restrictions.  I wouldn't mind piggybacking on the backs of the deep
pockets of the telecommications companies - AT&T, Motorola, et.al.

     Sounds okay to me.

73,  Steve   K7LXC