Kenwood's marketing

David Robbins ky1h at berkshire.net
Sat Jun 1 01:18:40 EDT 1996

I am writing to express my pleasure with your recently announced
plans to market Amateur Radio equipment through CB and truck stop
distributors. I strongly recommend you proceed with this marketing strategy.
There are already so many unlicensed and illegal operators on the amateur
and commercial frequencies that this strategy will probably not affect it
at all since there are plenty of ways for anyone to get these radios now anyway.
I hope you provide plenty of free literature explaining amateur radio to these
same stores so that maybe we can gain a few recruits from your efforts.

I currently have 9 Kenwood radios in the shack here, a TS-930S four TS-940S
and a TS-870s and 3 VHF/UHF rigs on our packet network. I have been a Kenwood
"fan" for many years and have used Kenwood products in numerous successful
contesting efforts.

If Kenwood proceeds with the above mentioned marketing strategy, I WILL
LOOK FORWARD TO BUYING MY NEXT KENWOOD PRODUCT FROM A LOCAL DEALER!
Furthermore, I will strongly urge EVERY licensed Amateur Radio operator
that I can contact (and believe me, between radio and the Internet, that
number will be VERY large) to do the same.

Sincerely,
David Robbins, KY1H

past-President Yankee Clipper Contest Club
editor Berkshire County Radio Association newsletter

ky1h at berkshire.net   or   robbins at berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/ky1h.html