FD-160

JKAHRS at delphi.com JKAHRS at delphi.com
Tue Jun 4 20:26:08 EDT 1996

On  3-JUN-1996 10:25:55.9 V.LONG.SA said to JKAHRS
   > At the WD8E Field Day site we'll have a full size dipole at 90 ft, we
   > thought about launching a balloon and vertical wire, but I think the
   > dipole would be more practical, any comments on this?
   > Please send comments (no flames please) to me direct....
   > 73 Scott AA8SM
   > Licking County Contest Group

Scott,
Here in the south we have the afternoon/early evening thunder storms and 160
just is not worth the effort.  There was to be some activity generated by
the internet last year.  Sooooo, I broke down and put up a dipole.  It wasnt
worth the effort.  A lot depends on your class.  If you have one of those 2
digit classes, have fun.  If you are 2A...well 40 and 80 ARE more
productive.

Maybe its quieter up there in Licking County...not so in Okaloosa County
Florida.

73, Hank/K2UVG
(FD Chair*2)^4...2 clubs, 4th year
jkahrs at delphi.com