Why vanity calls on contest reflector?

CWMAN1 at aol.com CWMAN1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 09:31:49 EDT 1996

In a message dated 96-06-15 08:01:22 EDT, radio at UDel.Edu (Robert Penneys)
writes:

>Why is this barrage of comments on vanity calls on the contest reflector?

IMOH the comments about the abuse of the system seem to not fit the contest
reflector.  However, the comments about good/bad callsigns are relative.
 CONTESTING is the only reason I'm even considering giving up my 29+ year old
call.  It will be painful to give it up but not as painful, perhaps, as
yelling it/keying it during contests.

73.......Fred/WA0QOA
          CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
          SHORT, FAST CALLS ARE BETTER