Amplifier Problem

Jastaples at aol.com Jastaples at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 11:56:20 EDT 1996

While operating the All Asia contest today I noticed that when I use the
SB-220 amplifier the received signal drops by 20 db or more.

While I seldom use this amplifier, it may remain off for months on end, it
has always been a reliable perfomer with no quirks or "strange things"
occuring. But now it wants to act as a receive attentuator when switched on.
(It works fine as an amp... 1 KW or more  out with modest drive and grid
current).

I can visualize things like bandswitch contacts, tube plate cap and socket
pins, etc, needing to be polished up, or maybe even a solder joint gone bad.
But perhaps someone has either had the same experience or has a neat
suggestion for a fix.

Please reply direct...

Thanks, Joe, W5ASP