FD Antenna for 40m

JKAHRS at delphi.com JKAHRS at delphi.com
Tue Jun 18 23:20:48 EDT 1996

On 17-JUN-1996 13:57:27.7 k0wa said to JKAHRS
   > Guys and Gals....
   > I am planning to put up a phased 40 meter array on 40 meters this
   >year for FD.  Went to the local junk yard and picked up some neat
   >aluminum poles with swagged ends to put up the two verticles.  Anyone
   >have any thoughts about some do's and don'ts of phasing these together?
   > I am planning to phase them 66 feet apart with at T-connector in the
   >middle. I am planning on 8 radials under each of the 40 meter verticles.
   > Listen for W0BZN if we can get the thing built this week.
   > Lee Buller
   > k0wa at southwind.net

Lee,
Remember who you are trying to work!  From the middle of the US (Kansas) I
would think a simple bi-directional dipole would be better.  This is NOT a
DX contest and those verticals ARE low angle radiators and vertically
polarized (summer noise).

We are trying a 2 element wire beam fixed about 315 +/- degrees.  Our FD QTH
is about 7 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico and about 55 miles east of the
western most part of Florida.  Not much behind us and 2 elements does not
preclude working them off the back of the beam.  2 elements is broad enuff
to work em all.

Suggest using the verticals to support that dipole north-south.

73, Hank/K2UVG
jkahrs at delphi.com