Two radio audio

george fremin iii geoiii at bga.com
Tue Jun 18 23:37:57 EDT 1996

Gee - here is something that went by here less
than a year ago and is on my long list of things
I need to do to improve my station.

Happy reading.

George - WB5VZL
geoiii at bga.com

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 95 14:58 EST
From: David & Barbara Leeson <0005543629 at mcimail.com>
To: cq-contest <cq-contest at tgv.com>
Subject: Re: 2-Radio Audio Switching

I use a 1K pot to adjust feedthrough from one ear to the other, which is
helpful although it doesn't create a true stereo effect.  It depends on the
headphone impedance, but the typical value is between 60-100 ohms.

There is a standard DPDT switch called ON-ON-ON which does the whole job
of A-Both-B headphone switching.  Look on the package or the switch
itself.  In the center position, A is connected to one ear and B to the
other.  The standard audio cable color-coding is red for right, white fo
r left.

If you want to use a DSP filter, you can just connect both stereo outputs
from a typical JA radio to one cable for filter input, connect the output
to both inputs to the switch box.  Some filters have a low-value resistor
at their input (simulating a speaker) which you'll want to remove for
headphone use, and some have an awkward floating ground setup at their
output.

Hope this helps.  Dave, W6QHS

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.   Sun spots?  I don't need no stinkin' sunspots!
geoiii at bga.com