New Thread

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Jun 19 00:43:24 EDT 1996

>This thread has gone far enough.  Lets get on to "real" contesting.
>
>Dave K4JRB
>
>Field Day is "real" contesting and an ideal training ground.  Invite new
>contesters over to your site or station and let's play!

OK! Here goes...

Does anyone know of any articles on using a trolley-cable system to put
up a beam? We're thinking of using it for a 3-el 40 meter Yagi.

Zack W9SZ

From: palooka at pyrotechnics.com (Joe Pontek, K8JP) (Joe Pontek, K8JP)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 00:15:01 -0500
Subject: two mult-uous contesting!

>I remember that N6TJ, in '67 or '68 when he was in
>training to become an elderly marathon runner, was
>operating as VR1B or sump'n.  If you knew his KB6
>call you could call him and get a second mult.
>That was the ultimate equatorial wheelchair QTH.
>
>73 N2AA

Imissed Jim in the contests and spoke with him often as VR1B, but I seemed
to catch up with him just as he was saying, "I gotta quit this two log
thing, I'll be VR1B for the remaining QSO's." What poor timing I had!
Finally worked Baker-Howland back here when K9AJ & Co. went out for a new
one! 20+ years later, I get my timing right!

73, K8Joe"Palooka"

K8JP, K8JP/VA2, VP5/K8JP, VP5JP, ex-K8HKM, ex-KN8HKM
palooka at pyrotechnics.com

snail mail:
Joe Pontek, K8JP
P. O. Box 59573