Insulation for sound proofing

WR34SHE at shellus.com WR34SHE at shellus.com
Tue Jun 25 09:39:41 EDT 1996

FROM: SAM EFFINGER  K9SD at shellus.com
SUBJECT: Insulation for sound proofing

I am building the new shack and wondering if insulating the walls and ceiling
will serve as added soundproofing?

I get conflicting data..anyone with some ideas let me know...

Also I don't have the capability to summarize and re-send replies...I am
using the internet from work ....sorry

additional thoughts: I like the Orion 2800p and with the addition of the
splined output shaft it is a complete winner!

I decided to build my own side arm mounts...the welder just called and wants
me to look at the  first one to see if I like it...

For 2 station control I decided to go with the pre built stuff from Top Ten
Devices

If anyone is using the Top Ten Devices please give me ure thoughts
and pitfalls to avoid....

I am putting up dry wall starting this weekend and towers to follow asap.

Honestly I don't think I have ever been this tired in my life...re-building
from the shack up is a massive job...

The Invisible Dog fence works great for the dogs but I haven't had a chance to
see the effects on the radio's. The Rottweiller (gonna name the next one
Lassie) won't go near the thing.

If anyone is ever in the St Louis area please stop by...Just call first so I
can put "Lassie" in the garage..
Thanks again for all the great comments and tips...

Sam K9SD     K9Sd at shellus.com

                  K9SD