Need help with WRTC TH3 tribander dimensions....help here

JKAHRS at delphi.com JKAHRS at delphi.com
Sat Jun 29 20:20:31 EDT 1996

On 29-JUN-1996 03:46:37.8 becker said to JKAHRS
<snip>
   > Since I have not used an aluminum radiator since my Novice License
   >expired, (I still miss my Gem-Quad),  I need one of you aluminum users
   >to send me the dimensions for the Hi Gain TH3.  This one is on a 14
   >foot boom, so I guess that makes it a Mark II.  I intend to set it
   >just a little on the low side of mid-band.
<snip>
   > AE0M, Tony Becker - becker at shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.

Tony,
I used my retired TH-3 MK III for the same purpose, FD.  It will last a
lifetime at 24 hours a year!

Here are the dimensions:

Boom 14 ft...they are the same.

There are 3 pieces of tubing between the boom and first trap.  Dim A is the
msmt closest to the boom and is measured from the edge of the boom...not the
center...to the first joint.  Going toward the tip, Dim B is next and is
measured, joint to joint.  Dim C is next and is measured from the joint to
the edge of the first black plastic cover.  Dim D is the distance between
the traps measured from plastic cover to plastic cover.  Dim E is the outer
tip measured from tip to joint.

Reflector:

CW - A=48"  B=45-1/2"  C=4-1/2"  D=6"  E=26"
Ph - A=48"  B=43"      C=1"      D=6"  E=25-1/2"

Driven Element:

CW - A=48-1/4" B=35-1/2"  C=4"  D=6-3/4"  E=25-1/2"
Ph - A=48-1/4  B=33"      C=1"  D=6-1/2"  E=25-1/4"

Director:

CW - A=48"  B=31"  C=1"  D=7"  E=25"
Ph - A=48"  B=28"  C=1"  D=7"  E=25"

I hope this helps.